top of page
Thank you to the young authors at Sequoyah School. Most of these sentences are from their stories...
• Once there was a cow named Lucy.
• It was one of those spooky sleepovers.
• There was no way out.
• Once upon a time, there was a lollipop.
• What if they knew who I really was?
• It was another boring day aboard the spaceship.
• Hi, I'm Pat Davis and I've got news for you.
• There was a dragon flying in the night.
• A man in a yellow coat held a little blue umbrella.
• "Lavender, I have something really important to tell you."
• I can't believe they want me to go down to Earth.
• I've been trying to ignore it.
• One day, Pig was walking.
• The men were ready to advance.
• It all started when my aunt visited.
• What are you doing, Harold?!
• I hunched my shoulders and crept low to the ground, hoping they wouldn't notice me.
• It was all because of the broccoli.
• My life is full of no's.
• Once upon a time in a world, there was no time.
• One day I was at Cheese Land and I was cutting down a cheese tree.
• The stranger came early in February, one cold wintry day.
• I stared in horror.
• Once upon a time there was a puppy in the jungle when the dinosaurs were alive.
• I ran, gasping for breath, sweat dripping down my forehead.
• It started as a normal math class.
• Where was he? Why was he here? He didn't know.
• There was a cat and a bird chillaxing on the beach.
• "I'M BORED!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.
• There was once a garden with a magical flower.
• The robbers stole the pineapples from the family.
• The book--I told her not to read it.
It's just what it sounds like: pick one of these first sentences, don't think too hard, and just start writing!
bottom of page